Tuesday 30 June 2009

Ballan Holden set

4pm arrived and so did the DARK clouds and wind, 4.15pm it started raining, HARD and it got darker and darker. 4.30pm the text messages are being sent, is training on??? Is it??? 4.40pm the calls are coming, but by this time the rain has stopped in Point Cook, but not Werribee, yet???

I sent my reply, "I will be at training, I'll see you there!" :-)

4:58pm, lots of little heads start peering out of cars, it is cold, it is dark, but the wind is dying off and the rain has basically stopped, just some light drizzle. I suggested that those with spray jackets keep them on and off we go along the Fed Trail, 8 min warm up.

As a treat and a congrats for those who were braving some horrible conditions, I cancelled the 5x4 min efforts and changed them with 2 minute surges, but at the same time I cancelled the shuffle and changed it to a float, so the surges had to be controlled.

All up just over 8k of a good solid session with only some light drizzle, its amazing how the weather can change within 60 minutes.

No comments: