Sunday 7 June 2009

You Yangs MTB area

This weekend my boys stayed over but I wanted hills to be a part of my program for Elyse, Claire, Bailey, Jo & myself, I would have like a couple of others too, but they were away or the trip may have been too much, so I took the safe option with them.

I asked Claire & Elyse's mums if they could entertain my three boys whilst I took the girls for a trip on a part of the park that they had never been too. So I organised a picnic breaky for my boys which they thought was a cool idea. So from Toynes Rd Burkie's group went one way, a few others went a slightly different way and my group went the hard way.

The run is great, but the first 2km are a bit tough and if I could we should have jogged an easy 2k prior but the distance & toughness was already an issue. From Toynes we ran anti clockwise and made our way into the Stockyards, which goes via the Vic MTB course and up into the area where Ned Kelly with Heath Ledger was filmed etc, some of the trails are very testing.

According to Jo's Garmin the course was just over 8.6km in 55 minutes, how slow is that, don't get me wrong, Bailey & Aliesha struggled so we where having to wait a few times or they would still be lost in some random area of the park.

I would like to do a few more hills next week, but I'll have all of my youngsters back, so it may be a logistical nightmare, but I may try...the benefit may be worth it all. But not the same course.

No comments: