Sunday 14 June 2009

A cold is on the way...

Sat night I knew I was starting to feel a tad below par, tickle in the throat and sneezing and a runny nose, but not enough to stop me, but I'm smart enough to know I need to ease up a tad.


This morning's run at the You Yangs, I organised with one of the mum's to pick kids up along the route, this would allow me to get a few hills into the legs of even the younger ones and not have to worry about getting them back to the start. I had three girls with me starting on GCD and Jo, Claire & Elyse started on Greyhound and they would cross over on a trail (approx 400m longer). Eventually that group with Loren caught up along Branding Yard Rd just before jumping onto Branding Yard trail which goes up a steep hill to Turntable, my first drop off point (for 2).

A quick re-group and then along Rockwell, which has a lot of rolling hills, very little flat. After approx 15 minutes we hit GCD again where I dropped Courtney off with her mum who was waiting. Then up a VERY steep hill for 100m and then onto a MTB track which followed a goat track, rocks, steps, rolling hills for 1-1.5km. I was enjoying running with Elyse, Claire & Jo, but it was becoming very obvious that Jo was struggling BIG time, thankfully Courtney's mum hadn't passed us and I was able to get Jo into the car and taken back, myself & the 2 girls continued on.

The next part of the course was a snaking dirt trail through the bush up to the car park at the entrance to the Stockyards (MTB area). I must admit this is a really nice course, very enjoyable, nice views, nice hills, nice variety etc. 73 minutes today, the longest run for the two 13 year old girls.


Once home Jo was out of it most of the day and I sniffled alot and coughed a fair bit.

1 comment:

jojo said...

i cant believe i KEELED over during a run,,, yep i was way out of it for the majority of the day,...cant even remember half of the day!