Friday 26 June 2009

RIP MJ & my Triple J Hottest 100 of all time

Like most other persons my age (42), I too have bought and listened to Michael Jackson, cassettes were for me back in the 80's and early 90's. I have Thriller, a Jackson Five Live, Black & White and some other old cassette.

The saddest aspect of today's news for me was I wasn't surprised!

I can't get the video to load, but for many reasons this is the song that I will always remember: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqo17o2a1w

Why...., I'm not sure, but an amazing voice for such a young man (maybe 13), of course I don't mind his other stuff too, but Ben was for me.

________________________

In no particular order and to be honest there are songs that I probably forgot, but all of these songs are in my collection and I have listened to this year and many years before!

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - for me this was always going to make my top 10 and I WILL be very surprised if this one is not in the Top 10 of all time, its a classic!

Silverchair - Tomorrow -The Chair, my favorite Australian band, and this started it for me!

Michael Jackson - Ben - see above

Radiohead - Creep - Classic for me and I reckon this is a definite Top 15

Prince - Purple Rain - I could not tell you how many times I listened to this song and the entire record, the LP is a big favorite

Regurgitator - Polyester Girl - my second favorite Australian band

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady - This is one I heard so many times with my oldest song that I ended up loving it too and to be honest I have five of Marshall's CDs

Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun - Classic!!!

Midnight Oil - Us Forces - This and song always got me thinking

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK - my mum would hate that I still like this song and band, she HATED everything about the Pistols

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I'm with you on the Pistols mate, and Anarchy was one of their best for sure!

Anonymous said...

Luv most of your top 10 stu ....

Eat Em

Em said...

Good choices, most would be in my top 50 if they had have let us have that many!

There was a regurgitator song that just got pipped from my top 10, but to keep the blog PG I won't mention it ;-)