Sunday 21 June 2009

You Yangs & Eastern Gardens

An easy run with a few at the YY, just a recovery run, just over 6km of dirt trails before making my way to Eastern Gardens in Geelong for the Western Region VLAA XC Champs. Due to some blundering and politics this seasons Regions are not a trial for the State Champs....too long and too political to even both trying to explain here, but basically I asked some members to race here and others to give it a miss.

I jogged so more kms at Geelong today, watching races, warming up with some of my athletes and cooling down others. Some great results; three gold (Brooklyn, Chelsea & Lexie), two silver (Harley & Chantelle), 4th to Thomas, Demi, Claire and 5th placings to Courtney, Bailey, Teagan and Victoria finished 6th passing 4 persons in the final 30m (probably the best finish of the day, Persistence - a virtue I ask the kids to consider).

Very noticeable to me and a few others, was that all of my squad finished strongly, looking very fit and composed.

No comments: