Friday 12 June 2009

Pilates in the morning

In the gym with Tania who I like to torture in the mornings, today I decided a pilates session was the 'call' for today. Whilst I have no pilates quals I have done loads of Pilate mat classes, so I used that experience to take Tania through 50 minutes of pilates pain.

A typical warm up of roll downs and sidewards stretching and lower back, concentrating on core & breathing, then onto legs. The names escape me but we did two leg & stability exercises and then a step away from pilates and some lunges were introduced. Then working on getting the spine working with the core and then some pilates tri push ups and then some purely ab core work.

Planks, one of my favourites and we worked them today, 60 sec front, 15 sec break, then 60 sec front, 15 sec break, 45 sec front, 15 sec break & 45 sec front. 30 sec break, then 30 sec oblique turn over with NO touching, 30 sec other side and then 60 sec front...ouch, 30 sec break and then 30 sec oblique each side and 60 sec front, I just managed the last 60 sec, JUST.

1 comment:

jojo said...

did tania last thru that painful set-it sounds pretty horrible... glad you're NOT just mean to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oi-and stop that eye rolling ;)