Tuesday 23 June 2009

5x4 min efforts

My normal Tuesday session along the Federation Trail (Skeleton Creek), not too cold, but the dark skies are closing in and we 'just' know they are probably going to drop some rain.

Only seven of us tonight in the group and we are all tired ish as a result of our weekend racing. We started with a 5 min easy jog before stopping for some simple dynamic stretching before starting off for our first 4 minute effort.

Five x four minute efforts with a 60 sec walk, 90 sec shuffle which on the third & fourth ended up being the opposite. For me, the first rep was my hardest, my legs felt ok but breathing was difficult but the 2nd and onwards were much improved and I felt stronger as the set went on.


Tonight my Club had their first summer meeting, as President I attended to listen to the wrap up of the previous season and helped with some of the planning for the upcoming season.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

You made it sound like a breeze. Is Jo just a complainer, or what?

jojo said...

ummm i guess im just a complainer..lol..but im an 800 runner ... stu trains a million more kms than me every week! and also plththththt... and stu-you looked good tonight-as in strong...