Monday 18 May 2009

Werribee River run

Yawn, yawn & more yawning. Today I had to sit through a 5 + hour briefing regarding the White Paper and how it affects my agency as we are the Defence Acquisition agency and the Reform Program that we need to undertake so the Government can strip us bare so they can then buy buy & buy and look good...are you bored yet, well I was and by the time the briefing finished I was in such a blah mood that I decided I would use some time owing.



I arrived at Wyndham Park at 3:59 and off I started running along the dirt trail in the direction of Riverbend Park, my legs were very heavy and after 15 minutes I was still strolling with heavy legs! Once at Riverbend I crossed the river via the dam wall and started my run back via Presidents Park and then back onto the trail. Nearing Wyndham Park I made a detour towards Chrinside Oval and then ran down Watton St (main st), back to my start point in 48 minutes. I noticed Harley (14) had arrived, so I grabbed him and we took off for a run, 9:30 minutes = 57 minutes.



Then off for a 16 min stroll with my squad and then lots of pointing/coaching, a good Monday run, not to hard, not to slow etc.

3 comments:

jojo said...

nice back up after sundays run :)

Steve said...

I've only crossed the river once at the dam and that was a gingerly crossing at best. I'm fearful of slipping and falling into the drink, worse still, falling on the non water side.

Andrew(ajh) said...

5 hours is enough to try anyones patience!