Thursday 7 May 2009

Indoor football & a track session

I decided no gym today and enjoyed an extra 25 minutes in bed. Indoor football today at lunch, a good game it was goal for goal in the first half, 5 all at 1/2 time, but the second half was very different and it ended up a win to us 10-6. Yay us, the scores are high, probably because it is indoor and the game is played with a very aggressive attack style and it is a HARD job for the goalies!
_________________

Track set tonight; 6x400m in 90ish with a 200m shuffle. Starting with a 4 lap w/up and then 4x100m strides before getting into the set, again I wore my HRM.
  • 87.02
  • 91.35
  • 91.78
  • 92.04
  • 90.78
  • 88.08

My watch doesn't retain the HR data, but my memory has the highs starting in low 160's and the highest was 172 on the 5th, I didn't note the last. Tonight I felt very comfortable, to be honest the session felt relatively easy and I reckon I could have done 4 more reps at that pace, which is great, as I couldn't 2 months ago!

I jogged a few laps with Claire, chatting about a niggle she is experiencing and upcoming races and just general stuff.

No comments: