Tuesday 19 May 2009

Gym session & Ballan Holden set

45 minutes in the gym today, a fairly normal set for me, an all round hit out.
___________________

Ballan Holden tonight, a couple of newbies tonight, Harley (14) and Scott (nearly 12), brothers, both will benefit a lot from this session in 4-6 weeks, more so Harley as he is the distance runner and Scott 200-400m runner who plays footy during the winter and runs XC for the fitness.

We started with a 7 min warm up and then into 4x5 min with 90 sec walk & 90 sec shuffle. Before the session I was worried that I was going to crash & burn tonight, but happily I felt fairly strong and held an even pace.

Overall a boring session to talk about, running along a bike path, but the kind of solid set I am building my winter season around, but after Sandown it will be time to change it up a bit, by reducing the recovery, I bet that will not be popular, thankfully I'm not after a popularity award.

3 comments:

jojo said...

NOT POPULAR-theres an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jo beat me to it ...... lol

It is all about the results ..keep doing what you r doing ....

Eat Em

Ewen said...

Whoa! The exclamation marks win.

Stu, thank for your comment re the half. Being self-coached isn't easy at times, and I appreciate the feedback. Thinking about it, I could have done with a longer taper and more freshening up. Long races really find you out in that regard.