Sunday 10 May 2009

Mother's Day

I tend to be a shit son and tend to forget birthdays etc, BUT Mother's Day I'm fairly good and this year I even sent a card and a small present. My mum doesn't see me or my boys a lot, I have such a busy life the 3-3.5 hour return drive (Murchison) just doesn't fit into my lifestyle a lot...I can hear many shaking their heads, but that is me! And to make matters worse, I'm not very good with the phone either! Whilst again I didn't visit mum (she was busy trekking around Beechworth for the day), I did manage to send a small present, the present was a CD of photo's made into a Windows Media movie with music etc, lots of photo's from my mobile etc, ala like below.




Last night I dropped my boys back at home with Julie just before 9pm so they could spend the day with their mum, this meant I could enjoy my long run in the morning. Jo & I picked David T up for our trek to the YY, with it being MD, I only had the only girl who is old enough to stroll along with the adults, she enjoyed 9.1km with us before we dropped her and a couple of other 13-15 year old girls back at Toynes Rd. Then a smaller group continued on, Jo moved in a different direction after 11.5km and then I was next to drop off the pack after 85 minutes.

Throughout the first 10k of the run we sat on an average of 5:25, my HRM was nearly identical to DT's, I seemed to be happily sitting 135ish for most of the trip. But around the 13k mark I noticed I was sitting mid to high 140's, the legs were starting to complain, so that was when I decided to call it a day.

Quads and the glute are a touch tired, but the calves and hammies are all good. :-)

1 comment:

jojo said...

errr who made the cd!!!!!!!!! lol