Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tue at Ballan

In the gym this morning, 50 minutes of good work, a solid 15 min finish of core after some other upper body work.
_________________

Tonight a good sized group met for our session, tonight a little easier with an upcoming AV XC race, the plan was for 4 x 4 min of efforts with a 3 min recovery (walking 2 min & 1 min of shuffle). For me, my first rep was run just under 4 min per k pace and I believe the other 3 reps were very close. I decided to reduce the session from 4 x 5 min due to the AV XCR'09 Rd 2 and a few of the other girls have had a few hard weeks.

The last few days I have been using HRM on one of the girls in the group, tonight I wore mine. Fairly happy with some of the results, after each rep the results were:
  • 156
  • 157
  • 159
  • 161

It is interesting noting the HR of a young fit 13 year old girl, next week I will pick a different 13 year year old girl. But overall a good solid set, which involved 8 min of warm up & a good 6-8 min cool down!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Your heart rate figures are similar to mine. I also did a rep session, first one in quite a while.

What are the heart rate figures of the kids? I'm assuming there would be some big numbers.

jojo said...

damn-still cant catch you!
my heart rates were MUCH higher 170-180 for the 2nd 3rd and 4th, but then i am younger than you...old timer...lol

Stu Mac said...

Good point Steve, both Jo & an U14 girl were very similar, generally 15-20bpm higher, but recovered to the same %.


Funnily, I did notice that our avg HR were similar with similar sort of sessions, but your distances were advanced of mine!