Thursday 21 May 2009

Gym & a track workout

45 minutes in the gym with Tania, we did 20 minutes on the bike at a steady pace followed by some upper back and core (planks planks & more planks), gotta love planks.


At the track tonight for a pyramid set for my squad, 1000m, 800m, 600m, 400m, 600m, 800m, 1000m at 96 sec per lap (4 min pace). With 3 of the girls competing in the the Co-Educational Secondary XC Champs (no idea what that means) at Bundoora on Friday morning I gave them a night of 10x100m strides with some drills and stretching. This meant a smaller group than normal, 5 or 6, with Jo missing the 1k reps due to school aths training prior to the set. Myself and David jogged just over 2k to warm up and then 4x100m strides, ready to go.

A few weeks ago I could not have done this set as well as I did today, whilst we missed the first rep and ran 4:04 the rest were right on and I was very happy in how I felt, I basically felt in control and this shows that I am getting fitter (finally), but still a long way off where I would like to be, but....I am improving.

Three lap cool down in the outer lanes.

No comments: