Wednesday 8 March 2006

Wed 08 Mar 06, Sunset Series race

13km today and 36km for the week so far. 6/8 runs this month & 53/67 runs for the year

Was planning on going to the gym this morning, but I went up to work to fix my blog before the gym and then I cleared a few emails and then did one or favours for work people and before I knew it, it was 8:10am so I showered and got ready for work.

I was a little off colour around 11 to 12ish, nauseau, but some fresh air and time away from my desk seemed to clear that, a passing phase and according to my doc, he isn't surprised, I must have missed that comment yesterday. "roll eyes"


I stayed at work until just before 6pm, changed and made my way across the road to the start of the Sunset Series Race. Meet up with a heap of the guys from Ausrun & CR, no one appeared to be keen to go for a 15 min warm up with me so off I went by myself. Whilst jogging I caught up with Nimrod from Box Hill AC & CR, we chatted and I turned after 7 min and made my way back to find the toilets for the pre race...
Couldn't find, so I ran back to work, so my warm up run was about 22 minutes.

I moved into the starting line, as per normal I started to far back, I wish people who are going to run over 40 minutes move back............ Anyway, about 10-15 seconds before I actually started running. The first 300-500m I concentrated on my stride and trying to get into my rhythmn, Iw anted to hit the first k on 3:50 which I basically did but later I discovered that the km markers were to mean very little.

Splits:
3:51 4:42 3:33 3:56
3:52 5:03 3:39 3:48 = 32:29
Even with the funny km markers, the 'slow' story is in the 6km....a PB, but was not the time I was aiming for.

Finished off with a jog, going out to see where Michelled was and then run alongside her and give some encouragement in her final km.

Hung around to see if I could win a spot prize, but NO................oh well.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

It's annoyning when they can't get km markers right Stu.

No such problem on the track ;)