Monday 13 March 2006

Labour Day 13 Mar 06, gym & R4K training run

15km today and 40km for the week so far. 9/13 runs this month & 56/72 runs for the year

A public holiday today, so I had a sleep in, WOW, 8:30am, excluding the times when you go to bed after 4am, this is the latest I can remember getting up in a long time...

A gym session around lunch time, 45-50 minutes, some chest, shoulders, arms, obliques/abs, a different style session to normal as I was in a gym that I have never used before, no barbells (which I use a lot) and some different machines, but still good to get a session in.

The R4K training group today was suppose to be a 12k med pace group, 5-5:30. Whilst we did stay in that pace area the distance I would question, I reckon maybe 11k, maybe...

Anyway I lead the medium group, I started with 18, 4 moved on very early but the remainder stayed together for the first 6-7k then a small group moved forward, but the remaining 10 finished as a group, generally sitting on the 5:15-20 pace. I really enjoy bringing in a large group together, it reminds everyone that group running is the key of these sessions. I walked back to Flinders St station with one of the participants, chatting and then jogged back to my car.

A great day, for so many reasons......... :-)

No comments: