Tuesday 21 March 2006

Tue 21 Mar 06, track session 6x800

10km today and 38km for the week so far. 16/21 runs this month & 63/80 runs for the year

Arrived at the track around 5:15pm, paid mine & Cam's AV & Club registration for season 06/07, getting ready for another Winter season, excluding the State X-C Champs Cam is going to compete in the open age group, due to a lack of one team mate in the U20s.

I started my session with 5 laps of the track in reverse in lane 8, as per normal, then an extra lap with a combination of plymetric (sp) exercises. A few basic stretches and then 3x60m strides at my 800 pace. A quick chat with Burkie, discuss my session last night on the Tan and a chat about the CG 5k, then back to me... :-) With less than 2 weeks to go Burkie has suggested we shorten the reps, keep the pace (maybe slow the first few) but try and shorten the recovery.

The last few weeks I have been trying to sit on 45 per 200m, so around 3:45-50 per k, but Burkie suggested slow down the first few and work into the set and try to concentrate on 60 sec recoveries more than anything else! So I thought well lets get this right and use some control!!!

A lovely evening, hardly a breath of wind, all blue skys, so the singlet off straight away and got stuck into it.

Splits (recovery):
3:06 1:00
3:05 58
3:03 59
3:02 59
2:56 59.9
2:48 walked 200m then diagonal across the track to s/f line, grabbed singlet, sunnys & water bottle, walked back to where Burkie & John's squads hang out (start of 100m area). Dropped my water bottle and took off for a slow five lap cool down.

Chatted with Burkie afterwards, tonights session was very uplifting and satisfying, my words were, "f&^k that was a great session, did exactly as I wanted, got faster and faster and kept all of the breaks at 60 sec or shorter." Burkie spoke to me about 'threshold' training, suggested I should look into getting a test done to work out my threshold limit so we can pick rep pace better, gave me a pamplet from one of the respected coaches affiliated with Aths Essendon, will think about it and chat on CR & RW & StF.

Anyway, note to my blog, this was a great session and I should take note that starting within myself is probably a great way to start a session!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Great sesson Stu, and a good breakthrough to run it that way. Well done!