Tuesday 7 March 2006

Tue 07 Mar 06, track session 5x1000m

9km today and 23km for the week so far. 5/7 runs this month & 52/66 runs for the year

Had to have the day off, the surgeon I am seeing called yesterday arvo to ask me to come in for some tests at the hospital, no real explanation... I had some further scans, CT & ultra, more blood, urine and a couple of other tests, not much said, which is annoying, but then maybe I should have asked more... See the surgeon at the end of the week.


Arrived at the track this evening thinking I was going to do 800s, but Burkie suggested 6-7x1000m @ 90 sec per lap with 60-70 sec recovery, but I told him I was racing the Sunset Series but still wanted a track session which was more of a priority, so we amended the sess to 5x1000 @ 90 sec with 90 sec recovery, which Dave S was more excited about... Dave has the State Surf Life Saving Champs this weekend so this is his only track session, he wanted to survive. We started with our normal 5 lap w/up and then stretched and then I did 5x70m strides (not sure why Dave doesn't, must ask why...).

I told Dave he was to stay on the inside for the entire session, no swapping this time, he was hoping to make 4 in a row, which he did. :-)

Splits (recovery):
3:39 (1:40)
3:45 (1:43)
3:46 (1:41)
3:48 (1:41)
3:25 (walked 300m then jogged for 4 1/2 laps, walked final 200m)

With the longer breaks this allowed me to keep Dave with me and also allowed me to attack the final rep with a bit of vigour. I finished the session knowing I could have done more and could have done it quicker with shorter breaks, but the company was more important and completing a honest session that there is no way I could have completed 12-18 months ago.

Tomorrow, gym session in the morning and at 6/7pm I am running the final Sunset Series race at the Tan, hoping to run 32 min. Thursday, short reps track session followed by the first of 8 weekly pilate sessions with Narz.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Hi Stu,

Hope the results are back from the tests soon.

Perhaps nothing to worry about. Sometimes when the surgeons get re-rostered or the anethetists asks questions they just get you back in for more tests (more $$$ too). It doesn't mean they have changed their mind on your previous diagnosis.

However definitely ask your Dr to reassure yourself and get some answers.

Best of luck at the Tan tonight in the Sunset Series *GO STU GO*