Thursday 30 March 2006

Thu 30 Mar 06, track session 8x200 - easy

5km today and 38km for the week so far. 22/30 runs this month & 69/89 runs for the year

Well short and sweet tonight...last track session before the Masters Champs and pilates tonight! Arriving at 4.30ish and straight into 5 laps to warm up, with the final lap being plymetric drills, stretch, 3 run throughs with trainers and then 3 with my spikes (don't normally train in these, but always before a big race).

Tonight Burkey said quick and easy, what comes to mind, I said 200s, he thought and said 8, just a little faster than your 800m pace, jog the diagonal for recovery.

Splits & recovery: well I don't have exact as Cam borrowed my watch for his session, but all of the reps were between 32.5 and 34.5 with the longest break 91 sec, but the majority between 86 & 85.

Finished with a 200m bare footed walk and then jogged 3 laps (with trainers) and then off to pilates. Pilates was slightly different tonight, many different exercises and with a fit ball for about 20 min or so, so lots of balancing, which of course uses the core, but I did get annoyed trying to balance!!!


With my race at 1.30ish on Sat, I will take tomorrow off, no gym, no run, nice and easy. I just hope my mood picks up, so many things bouncing around in this old head!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Your training always sounds so interesting. Once I've got my ITB sorted I'm really keen to do more track work just for something different.

Hope that easy day tomorrow helps clear the head.

Good luck on Saturday!

Clairie said...

Best of luck Stu. Maybe the new family addition will be a lucky charm?

Do your best and we will all be proud regardless of the result.

Take care,
clairie