Saturday 18 March 2006

Sat 18 Mar 06, run @ Mornington & then another one @ Hoppers

15km today and 81km for the week so far. 13/18 runs this month & 60/77 runs for the year

Last night whilst chatting on MSN I agreed to meet a friend and go for a run with her, she is only new to the game of running and asked if I would like to help her along with some encouragement and impart some experience which I was more than happy to do so.

As most Melbourne people would know Mornington is a 'bloody' long way from Hoppers, but time was on my side and it was about time I meet this person who I had been chatting with on MSN and via the RW Forum. So arrived at her house and waited for her little one to awaken from her slumber and off we went. Pram, 2 runners & my Garmin along the foreshore paths and she made her furthest distance which was a great achievement even though she was slightly annoyed with herself for walking nearing the finish, but I think there is always a positive to be found and there were many of those, well done K.

After chatting for a few hours I made the trek back to Hoppers and I decided before dinner I would go for a run and put a few k's in the bank! Just on the local roads, an even paced run sitting at 4.20-30 pace the entire trip. Stretched and then dinner & a few nice red wines (first drink of alcohol since last w/e).

No comments: