Thursday 16 March 2006

Thu 16 Mar 06, track session 6x400m & pilates

8km today and 66km for the week so far. 12/16 runs this month & 59/75 runs for the year

I arrived at the track at 4:35pm and it was all locked up still, so I went out for a run on the roads, 71/2 min out and then returned, the gates were open and I did some basic stretches and the 5x60m strides. Whilst doing some deeper stretches, Burkey arrived and we chatted about tonights session and some future sessions. We also briefly discussed the plan for the next few weeks before the Masters, he is happy I have no more races planned.

The session was suppose to be 6x400m starting at 78 and then reduce each rep by 1 sec with a 75 sec recovery, a discipline session with some nasty wind.....hmmm I bet I find this hard, to get right.

Splits (all recovery were between 72 & 77 sec)
77.10
76.25
76.40
76.24
75.15
73.86

The last rep was untidy, I was not able to go any faster and it I had to do another rep it would have been in the 80s, I was GONE!

Four lap cool down and then changed and off for pilates. Pilates was a good session tonight, a few exercises I hadn't done before which were quite good. I think this class will be a lot more challenging than the previous beginners course.

No comments: