Thursday 23 March 2006

Thu 23 Mar 06, track session 5x400m & pilates

7km today and 60km for the week so far. 18/23 runs this month & 65/82 runs for the year

Arrived at the track at 4:40pm, myself and David T did 4 laps together before Adrian joined us and we did 2 with him, Adrian then continued on. Some stretching and chatting and then discussion of what was planned. With Dave not spending much time on the track lately due to work and Adrian still in recovery after his 6Ft campaign they both appeared happy enough to follow my program as I was the only one with current aims. With Burkie not here tonight I tried to remember what I did last week, bugger I couldn't remember, so 6x400 seemed normal, so I reduce the qty by 1 and decided to concentrate on a 60 sec recovery. So the decision was 5x400m at 78-80 and Dave was going to run 85-90.

With Dave setting off first and then about 7 sec later myself and Adrian, after about 50m I was slightly ahead of Adrian, but he soon pulled alongside and then moved slightly ahead, as per normal the first rep was too fast but continued with the same plan.

Splits (recovery):
1:13 (1:02)
1:18 (1:01)
1:17 (1:02)
1:16 (1:03)
1:12

A few laps to cool down and then a quick wipe down and change of clothes and off to pilates. Pilates was the hardest session for me so far, abdominal wise.

No comments: