Monday 6 March 2006

Mon 06 Mar 06, R4K training group in city

14km today and for the week so far. 4/6 runs this month & 51/65 runs for the year

Two weeks in a row without a long run on the Sunday....a BIG night on Saturday night at the bucks night, I arrived at home about 9:30am on Sunday and NEEDED sleep, didn't get much before I was offered a lift back into the city to get my car, which I did but then hung around until late arvo and then drove home.


Had a decent sleep on Sunday arvo and then evening, trying to catch up a little.

Out early this morning to take Connor to school in Hampton, 2 and a bit hours of driving I arrive at work, "rolleyes", well you have to do these things.

Tonight's run was from Niketown in the city, I had the medium paced 10k run tonight, 18 people in my group, WOW... a few were intent on moving along at a faster pace than the 5 min advertised pace, I slowed them up a little to try and stay together for the first 1500m or so. Didn't really work that well, but I was able to slow them a bit, those 4 were aware of the course and I knew they were going to move on, so, stayed back with the main bunch. A few of the group had run with me at other places or a different paces, which is good to see familar faces and a couple I knew via the Ausrun forum. We were sitting on 5:15ish pace which kept the majority of the pack together, today I had a sweeper at the rear who was able to keep some of the slower runners group too. With the majority of the group together after 6-7 kms itt was good to see a couple of the slower runners move back with the main bunch.

Overall a good run tonight, with lots of thank you's at the end, which is nice to have your assistance appreciated. Chatted with lots afterwards, as you see the same faces each week. Stretched and then ran back to Sth Melb to get my car and go to a Little A's meeting.

No comments: