Tuesday 21 February 2006

Tue 21 Feb 06, track session, 5x800m

8km today and 36km for the week so far. 19/21 runs this month & 43/52 runs for the year

First up in the morning 40 push ups and fifty crunches follwed by 50 situps, shower and get ready for work.

Arrived at the track at 5:15pm, I had arranged with Narelle to meet her for a session tonight, 5x800m @ 2m 50s pace (85 sec per lap) with 1 min recovery. We left the track for our warm up but very early in the trip Narz was having cramping sensations in her hammie (which has been a prob for 2 weeks), she stretched and continued on up to the hospital, but the hammie was causing grief. On return to the track after 2k I knew her session was over, she stretched for awhile, chatted with Burkie and then left to arrange a massage.

Peter asked if it was ok to have some of the girls (13, 15 & 16 year olds) join me in my reps, the youngest doing 300s & 200s and the 3 older ones were to do 400s on my final lap. I find this very cool, being able to do a session with ppl who are doing completely different sessions. The company really helped in my final reps, I probably would have struggled to complete the session by myself.

I was hoping to cruise through the session, I will have to search for the last time I did this session, because tonight was hard, there was a stiff breeze on the back straight and I know I haven't had a day off in awhile, but I was hoping to complete the session a little easier. Even with increasing the recovery did not help too much, but I did finish, which Burkie was encouraging me to do.

Splits:
2:48 1:02
2:50 1:06
2:57 1:31
3:02 1:29
2:59 walked 300m, changed shoes and then jogged for 12 minutes

I was surprised how I coped, will check for my last session like this.... well I found it, 3 Jan, 2 min recoveries and the splits were alot better....Splits: 2:57, 2:51, 2:57, 2:59, 2:48, 2:43


Hmmmmmmm, I wonder.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Interesting Stu - not far off what you did previously but with 1min recoveries.

Mike does that session occasionally at Calwell. Good fun - esp for the younger kids who get to run 'with' the faster older ones.