Sunday 5 February 2006

05 Feb 06, Ferny Creek 60 minutes

13km today and for the week so far. 4/5 runs this month & 28/36 runs for the year

I got an invite to run with Narz & financee at Ferny today, they had appointments to keep in the inner city in the arvo so I meet them at the Tan and they picked me up and onwards to the Dandenongs, arriving about 8.20am. I got told we were meeting with some others to run with and follow, I never realised that Hayley McGregor & Simon Field were two within the group, I knew it could turn nasty. As we started, haley went to the front of the group & Simon stayed behind me with a couple of his mates, after 15 minutes I knew this was faster than I would be able to sustain for 60 minutes or so, about the 20 minute mark Simon moved off onto a different track and I continued on, at the 30 minute mark I caught up to Narz and told her I needed t slow and I would happily turn by myself and just do the same course over again, so I didn't get lost. She suggested we continue on until the toilet block and then continue from there at our pace.

I really noticed that my quads were quite tired and sore today, I suppose I have raced on three seperate occasions this week, so what can I expect, I also noticed and mentioned to Narz that I could feel my ITB was tight after the run and some feelings in the glutes, on the tennis ball she strongly suggested or back on the massage table...., I'll try the ball! Anyway we ran for just on 60 minutes, which was more than enough today, especially with the quickish start, i suspect at the 15 minute area I was probably running 4:20-30 pace....

Had breaky in Richmond and then made my way home for a quiet day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stuart,
Some times your running gets to the point where you need to take one step backwards in order to take two steps forward.Reading your blog I feel that you are now at that point.My solution:
RENEW REFOCUS REFRESH REBUILD
1)Do not run or go to the Gym for 3 weeks. Give your body time to REFRESH and your mind a chance to REFOCUS
2)Do not race for 3 months after that. REBUILD setting your self new goals.