Monday 20 February 2006

Mon 20 Feb 06, Niketown 10k run

12km today and 28km for the week so far. 18/20 runs this month & 42/51 runs for the year

Couldn't get to the gym this morning, so a quick burst at home, 30 push ups, 25 crunches with feet down, 25 push ups, 25 crunches feet up, 20 push ups, 25 oblique crunches each side, 15 push ups, 20 sit ups with feet high and fingers aiming for toes, 20 crunches with feet down.


Finished work at 5:30, changed and walked into the city, again I was the Run Leader for the 10km slow group, which is a great way to get a few k's in, burn fat and recover from the weekends runs. I had the very small group, but they stayed together and appeared to enjoy themselves, one of the ladies running 10k for only the 3rd time, so she was very happy with herself and surprised how easy it was, even paced running makes a difference. We missed the little Govt Dve loop, probably 300m or so, but we finished in 55 minutes altogether.

Afterwards, I chatted, met EJM (Emma) from the RW forum, she enjoyed herself with a 5k group, pushed herself but enjoyed it, which is important. Ran back to my car at probably 4:15 pace to 'open' the legs out, which felt great.

Note: I have booked my accomodation in Canerra for my little excursion at the AIS, staying at the Ridges, so spoiling myself a little, should be good.

No comments: