Thursday 16 February 2006

Thu 16 Feb 06, track session 6x600

approx 9km today and 59km for the week so far. 14/16 runs this month & 38/47 runs for the year

Arrived at the track for my session at 5:15pm, got changed out of my work clobber and did 6 laps in lane 8 with Luke S for my warm up, follwed by a few strides of 60m and then some basic stretches. Put on my new DS Racers (red ones from eBay $110 all incl) and did 2 more strides.

Checked with Burkie for the session, 6x600m at 40 sec per 200 (2 min per 600) with a 2:45 break. Every rep was hit between 2:01 & 2:02, with a strong breeze on the back straight. The temp was about 27 degrees when I arrived at the track so a good sweat was had.

Finished off with 3 laps of the complex and then did a bunch of sit ups & crunches followed by some stretching.


Today I entered the Vic Masters Champs to compete as an Over 35 (will be 39 on the day), I have entered the 800m, 1500m & 5000m, one event will be dropped, yet to make my decision, obviously Burkie will help me with this decision. Also I have decided no plans for Easter, so I'm off to Canberra, I missed out on competing at the G, so I will compete at the AIS instead, I have also entered the Australian Master Champs, participation is the key for me and trying to set a PB, have also entered the same events, will decide later as these are all on different days (Fri, Sat & Sun). So who I will I see there, will I get to meet Luckylegs???

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I'll be away from Canberra over Easter Stu. I'm sure you'll enjoy racing at the AIS - a good PB track especially for 800m (the altitude).

Luckylegs will still be in recovery mode from the 50k the previous week.