Monday 6 February 2006

06 Feb 06, a local easy run

9km today and 22km for the week so far. 5/6 runs this month & 29/37 runs for the year

Arrived in the gym at 6:50am, only 45 minutes today, my starting set after warming up and stretching I have increased to reps of 12, with a ?kg bar (will check tmw, I just grab the same pre made bar) I start with mil press (above head & to front), immediately into lat pull down (behind neck), then bicep curl, then tri flick, then oblique lifts with weights (35pds), then a 30-40 sec break and finish with another two sets. Today I followed up with shoulder raises with 3.5kg (arm outstreached by side & then raise) followed with upward rows, 30-40 sec break and follow with 2 more sets. Then I did a lower back ex on a machine (too hard to explain), 3 sets. Then 50 sit ups, 25 oblique crunches each side. Max push ups (only 34), max dead heave chin ups (6, not a strong point) and then I did knee to chest on one of those hanging machines (poor explanation, ab work). Then stretched & out the door, run to work building 200m and then up the stairs (4 flights). Shower and off to work.

Left work at 4:30pm and home just after 5pm. Tonight I was schedule to roll the legs over but on the way home my enthusiasm was wanning, so I sent a text to a couple of people to see if they were interested in running a few k's together, but injuries, work & no answer meant if I was going out it would be by myself sadly. I checked the mail and did a couple of other household things when I remember a comment made at breaky after my run, "don't skip sessions, get out there, you know the plan, do the session, come home and tick it off", so I got changed and off I went.

I started a bit too fast, but after 15 minutes I slowed it down a bit and got into cruise mode. Enjoyable run, a bit windy, but got there and wiped the stress of the day away, got home, did some sweeping & weeding whilst cooling down and then 15 minutes of stretching. Happy I went out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Stu Mac! I think that 'hanging thing" you mention for abs. is called the "Captain's Chair"!

Good feeling, isn't it, when you don't want to go out & then force yourself to do the session? My goodness, Stu Mac, you do work hard on core strengthening - 34 push ups!! I can do 10 but, if someone held a pistol to my head, I could do 20...I think! I'll go & see now exactly how many I can do & post it ....gee, I hope I get to 10! A few years back I could do 50, but that was when I was a mere child!

Unknown said...

What do you know!!! I did 20 push ups, Stu Mac, & could have got a few more out even without a pistol to my head!!