Thursday 9 February 2006

Thu 09 Feb 06, no run day

0km today and 45km for the week so far. 7/9 runs this month & 31/40 runs for the year

I was going to run at lunch today, 6x500s on the Tan, but work commitments got in the way and I couldn't train in the evening.

This morning I arrived at the gym just after 7am, did lots of shoulder and bicep, with some back, chest and loads of abs, 50 minute session, then up & down four flights of stairs 4 times, running.

This evening I went to Nike Melb HQ for a briefing re my duties as a Run Leader with the training groups for the Run 4 the Kids event, tried on 6 different sorts of shoes and got to pick a pair to keep, as well a singlet, socks, shorts and a runners jacket. My nights will be Monday (Nike HQ) & Wednesday (Albert Park area) as well some Saturday mornings (Fawkner & the Tan). Get paid by the hour, 6-8pm approx, should fill in the void of my evenings.

Afterwards I went to the Western A's Annual Gift (120m sprint & 1k closed handicap), I previously won the handicap a few seasons ago, but this season I couldn't attend due to the above. Cam crossed the line first and won the handicap for a second time.

This evening I was hoping to :-) more, but other stuff got in the way...
I wasn't going to go to work tomorrow, was planning catching up with some friends, but they are too busy so I'll go to work. Plan to run in the morning and race on Saturday evening, 3000m.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

That sounds like a fun assignment, being a run leader for the Run 4 The Kids thing. Great to see Nike doing something like that again.

Pretty cool to get all those freebies too :-)