Saturday 18 February 2006

Sat 18 Feb 06, last round of Little A's & a local run

10km today and 76km for the week so far. 16/18 runs this month & 40/49 runs for the year

Today was the last day of the Little A's Intra Club competition, next week Werribee have their Open Day on Sunday and then their State Champs. So today was the last day I would have responsibility of the 'On Trackers' as they now progress to normal comp next season. Lots of pressies from the kids which is very cute and lots of thanks from the parents, I thanked the parents for their help and their support throughout the season and of course a big thanks to the kids. Hopefully this will be their start of creating an impression of fun & enjoyment in their sport and activity.

4:30pm I made my way out for a run leaving myself ample time to go off to the MCG to watch the AA Elite events tonight. Out the door with just shorts and my Zoom Elites (their first fast run) onto my measured 10k run, intent was to start sub 4 min pace for 2k then back off to 4:15 pace, back to 4min pace for a while, back off at the 7k and then go as hard as possible from the 8k area, an enjoyable run with lots of sweat and a very satisfying run. Probably the pacing was not ideal, but I had fun mucking around and doing varying paces.

Cool down, stretch, shower, fix my blog and then off to the 'G'.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

I hope you had a good time at the 'G' Stu.

Kelly told me there were 165 entered in the women's 800m! What about that bloke running 14.3 in the 100.

Anonymous said...

At least 'that bloke' got to run on the MCG...

Anonymous said...

Hey StuMac, didn't see you this weekend but hopefully you'll be smashing the PBs in the next few weeks. Catch you round the milers and allcomers (ps. you should've lied about your pbs and entered like all the other people who made up times, you were more worthy of a run on the hallowed turf then most)

Stu Mac said...

The G was special just to watch, but as I said in my blog for the sunday entry, in hindsight I would have loved to done it too.

CB, I did see you a few times, obviously racing on Fri and again on Sun, I walked past you, but both of us were talking to the person next to us.