Monday 13 February 2006

Mon 13 Feb 06, gym session & 1st Run Leader gig

approx 13km today and 33km for the week so far. 11/13 runs this month & 35/44 runs for the year

A poor nights sleep, up at 5am, 30 minutes prior to alarm, therefore arrived at the gym very early, 6:30ish. I decided I should do a good warm up and concentrate on lots of lower back stretching, not sore, just maintenance to support the running. After 12-15 minutes worth I started my weights. Lat pull downs, mil press, preacher curls and oblique lifts were my first combination then shoulder raises, upright rowing, more oblique lifts. Third set was bench press with dumbells, bicep curls & butterflys, then some cross overs and bicep curls using the cross over machine. The last 15 min was loads of ab work, broken up with some push ups.


Arrived at Niketown in the city at 5:30, got my gear; running cap, socks, 2 shorts, 2 singlets, bag & a light weight running jacket and most importantly a pair of new model Zoom Elites (very similar to my DS Trainers), impressed. I was looking after the 10k slow group, with intentions of running approx 6-6.5kph. My group was only 5 strong, probably the smallest group, but I have been warned this can become a big group with varied abilities, tonight I was lucky, all five were guys who able to sit on the pace nearly the entire way, for 10k we finished in 57.20. With my jog from work and then running from my car park to a friends place I managed to sqeeze another 3 or 4k in, so a nice recovery running day.

Note: not sleeping well at the moment, don't appear to be tired and spend a lot of time looking at the roof.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope your sleep pattern improves, Stu Mac; not much fun lying awake as the hours slowly tick by. Try thinking (not speaking) the word "sleep" over & over every time you breath out. It might help.... hope so!