Sunday 19 February 2006

Sun 19 Feb 06, Sunday morning road run

16km today and for the week so far. 17/19 runs this month & 41/50 runs for the year

Out the door at 7am, onto Derrimut Rd and made my way towards Melton, cruising pace, remaining on the road or the dirt on the side, nice pace of 4:50ish for the first 20 minutes, then I picked it up a little every 15 minutes or so. The final 13 minutes or so was probably 4:10 pace. I ran just past Boundary Rd before I turned around, the return trip was done 2m 10s faster.

Home, showered and into the city to have coffee with a friend before going to the MCG to watch Cam in the Men's B Final over the 3000m Steeplechase, 10m 22s, an average time for Cam but he did enjoy the experience and that was what it was all about. Below was the start of the Men's B Final were they miss the water jump on the first lap.



I think this was the third or fourth lap, Sth Bendigo next to him (I think)




A friend, Narz (who I get my massages from), she competed in the women's 1500m final finishing 5th in 4:37, which was her best time since 2002. Kate Seibold Crosbie deservingly won the race comfortably!



Kate is leading and my friend is sitting 7th on the inside.


Some comments have been left regarding the MCG and I too have been thinking what it would have been like, with the 'indicative qual standards' I thought they were too tough for me and I wouldn't have been picked to have a run, in hindsight I could have competed in the 5k and had a ball or tried to organise a relay team in the 4x400, but I would have preferred the 5000m. Oh well.

No comments: