Tuesday 14 February 2006

Tue 14 Feb, Valentine's Day

approx 7km today and 40km for the week so far. 12/14 runs this month & 36/45 runs for the year

Will I get a Valentine's wish or present today??? Probably not :-( Actually I know I will not I'm just filling in space :-)

Very much a late night yesterday, a big lack of sleep, only noting to see how I handle my sessions, probably 8-9 hours sleep over the past 2 days and not a lot of fuel going inside either... But I still woke early (5:45am), no gym today, but I did some light stretching, and then some push ups, sit ups & crunches, not to many as the abs are feeling pretty much trashed these days, but I do think some small changes are happening.

Track session tonight, but with headaches, feeling run down and lunch not totally agreeing with me I thought I better have an easy session but with a little speed thrown in for fun. Started with 6 laps for a good warm up (5 min per k) and a couple of strides, stretched and then a couple more strides, probably at 1k pace.
Tonight I did 8x200m with a float of less than 60 sec, crossing the track back to the s/f line. The first 6 reps were an easy 37 sec and the final 2 were 35s, very much in total control, concentrating on form and cruising. Finished with 5 laps with a couple of the sprinters from another squad (for 2 only), then joined in with some of Burkies sprinters for 2 and then my final by myself. Stretched on the grass and then finished with 40 crunches and 20 each side oblique crunches, gut is sore!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get any worse, the headaches and feeling sick isn't a good sign.

Happy valentines anyway - I am the unromantic in our family and forgot to buy a card or gift. I feel quite guilty (again) today!

Thanks for your note....looking forward to getting back into everything once we settle.

Have a great few weeks running