Sunday 3 February 2008

You Yangs

I picked up Michelle and we arrived at the You Yangs at 8:20, Michelle was running the 6k course and my physio advised session (from Friday) was 20 minutes of 30 sec running/walking, then walk for 10 minutes, then if I felt good I could continue the 30 second on/off thing for another 10 minutes.

So with more than 20 runners getting ready I took off first and made my along the Branding Yard Trail sticking with the program set. Thankfully today was A LOT easier than last Thu, but I stuck with the plan and didn't let my desire to do 'proper'running to take over. All up I did the course in 39:45.

Once back at the car, I did some quad, hamstring and hip flexor stretching. Once home I iced and then had some breaky.

3 comments:

jojo said...

.thats a huge improvement!! it will be great when you can run run again :) and yes i was very pleased yesterday and greatly appreciated all your excellent coaching :)

Anonymous said...

Well done Stu, You sound like ur gettin there. I have been jogging again and Im going back to boxing this week so im gettin there too & Im not playing netball this year either. just stick to the running betta for u. I have just been so bloody lazy (hahaha) but a determined little girl again. See ya soon from Rozzy :-D

Stu Mac said...

Well Roz, hopefully I will see you back at the track very soon... Maybe this Thursday would be a good day to re-join Clare (she has only been back for 2 weeks) for some gentle 200's..