Monday 18 February 2008

30 minute run - WOW

In the gym in the morning, chest, back and core for 40 minutes.

In the arvo I finished early and was able to get to the track at 4:10, so I took off on the Fed Trail, 15 minutes out. I made sure I took it easy, first it was my first 30 minute run since tearing my hip flexor and it was 35 degrees and the sun was bright and hot. The trip back was not pretty and I felt stronger on the right side, which is a strange sensation, no pain, but I'm not fit and the extra k's are making it even tougher.

On the trip back I crossed a km marker so I concentrated on my pace, 1km later 4:55, hmmmm, well I suppose at least I know I can run under 5 min pace, but it wasn't great.

I then jogged a couple of laps with my younger squad and then did 15 minutes of stretching with them. An easy session for them, lots of chatting about their w/e and just 4x200 at their 800m pace with a walking recovery and then some more stretching.

No comments: