Monday 11 February 2008

A tready run & a gym session

In the gym nice and early, even though the weather was great outside, I wanted a very controlled run this morning. Starting on the tready for 500m at 7.5kph walking and setting the incline to 1.0 then I increased the pace to 10kph for 500m and then every 500m I increased the pace by 0.5kph finishing with 3.5km of running, managing the sub 5 min pace for a short period.

After the tready I jumped on the 'freerunner' machine and did 10 minutes of work there too before doing some upper & lower back strength work, some lunges and then finishing of with some core on a fitball and then the mats.
_______________________________________________

Coaching tonight with my younger group, I ran a few laps before they arrived and did 15 minutes of drills trying to improve the strength and speed of the left leg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I gotta ask, what's a freerunner?