Monday 25 February 2008

Just gym, coaching, short run & a committee meeting

And a little bit of paid work throughout the day as well as all of the above...

In the gym just after 6:30am for 50 minutes of weights, an all round sort of a session, no cardio machines or fit ball just free weights & the Smith Machine.


Monday nights I have a group of 15 kids, U8-11, my younger little aths kids I refer to them as. After training, I took three of them for a walking lap to chat about the State Multi's and how I see their days going for them, they are not champions, but I do think between them, two may get top 10 finishers, which will be great.


As soon as I walked in the door, I put on a singlet & shorts and went for an easy 20 minutes. Home, some core work & then stretching and shower, a quick bite to eat and then off to a Wes Aths Committee meeting. As Secretary I had a few things to organise before we started, but sadly I'm not really sure if I am going around for another year (AGM in May), maybe its time for someone else to step up, will wait & see as I think the President is stepping down and maybe its not right for both to move on. I enjoy it, but I have been Secretary for 4 1/2 seasons and maybe someone else could bring some new concepts & enthusiasm. I do find that my dogmatic attitude is rarely agreed upon and doesn't always suit the conservative attitude that the Committee generally displays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, kinda annoying the way the day job gets in the way of all the fun stuff isn't it.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I gave up both my committee positions a while back (basketball). I am not missing them at all. Still coaching my girls, but missing the hassle of all the politics (and the work).

If you're feeling like getting out, do it. When I stood down, three long standing committee members stood down (including me). We offered to attend meetings for a few months to assist, and this seemed to work okay.

jojo said...

..im sure you would be sorely missed. soemone who speaks their mind can be a very valuable asset