Friday 15 February 2008

Just a short one

I started at 9am today and I REALLY enjoyed the sleep in, deliberately no alarm set and I woke right on 8am, WOW, felt great. Did 9-5:30 today and then stopped in at C, D & K's place to look after them for 90 min or so whilst Julie did a few things.

I then went for a 20 min jog, 10 min from home and then back, on roads. All felt good, no pain, but no speed either, but they be as a result of the excess that is being carried around these days.

Achilles - fine, considering I had 3 weeks of NO running in Jan and minimal in Nov & Dec, why is it still a problem, I am trying to get an appt with my physio to point me in the next direction.

Hip flexor - felt fine, no pain and no real discomfort, but I can tell it is still weak.
_______________________________________________

So much racing happening at the moment, but sadly not for me as an athlete, just as a coach. Little Aths Region Champs for 16 athletes over 2 days and my Club has 5 teams competing in the State Club Championships and 2 of them are the men's teams which I would normally be involved in as an athlete and not as a 'stand in'Team Manager. As well I have organised for 3 athletes to compete in 800/1500m races in the Vic Milers comp at Sandringham on Tuesday evening.

http://www.vicmilers.coolrunning.com.au/

2 comments:

jojo said...

:( you can cheer me on.. if you manage to see my race this time :P

Ewen said...

Gee, he must be busy if he can't see your race jojo. I hope your athletes do well this weekend Stu.

Re the achilles - I think it's one injury that needs 'work' (physio, massage, stretching calves, etc) rather than rest to get right. Good luck.

The 35-6 sec 200s feeling like 30s had me smiling. My 40 sec ones feel like 30s! I think some speed can be retained as we age, if we keep doing 'speed'. Kathy is proof of that.