Sunday 24 February 2008

You Yangs and a w/e of watching racing at OP

Sat morning was my last round of Little Aths for the season (still have State Multi's, Werribee Open Day & State T&F), so I said my good byes to the On Trackers and their parents. After Little A's I took C & D out for lunch, a short play at the skate park and then took them home.

Then off to OP with Scott & Pierre, they were competing in the 4x400 race and on Sun in the 4x200 & 4x800. By the end of the weekend they both won their first state medals and Western Aths had their best weekend ever, re medals.

Sunday morning I ran approx 6km at the You Yangs on the Branding Yard Trail, starting with a couple of teenager girls who are also returning from injury and then moving off by myself. The pace was good and the niggling achilles disappeared after 8 min or so. Enjoyable!!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Congrats to the boys on the medals, and Western Aths!

Nice about the disappearing niggle. I was wondering if a cortisone shot was suggested by the doc? Grete Waitz had one (for achilles) prior to one of her marathons.

Secretary is a tough job. Perhaps you should go for President :)