Wednesday 13 February 2008

Gym and some track time

In the gym before 7am, starting on the Freerunner for 12 minutes before I 'decided I wasn't in the mood for 'pretend' running. So I did 15 min of back and chest & then some core work, before finishing with 10 minutes of stretching.
______________________________

I left work early (3pm) for an appointment in Werribee, which meant I got to the track at 4:20pm, which gave me the opportunity to do some kind of a session. Plan w/up, drills, strides & 2x200m fast, c/down.

I started with 4 laps of the track on the dirt as my right achilles was sore, then some basic stretching before starting 15 min + of drills; marching, high knee skipping (doubles & singles), heel to bum (single & doubles) and then 5x60m strides were I tried to build the pace. I then walked 300m and stopped at the 200m start. The intent was to see how fast I could go and to test if I could fill an emergency spot in the Shield Final on Saturday if required (most likely required in 400m &/or 3000m). I started and I knew I was in trouble on the first step where I realised I didn't have the strength to power off the left...and stumbled out...still trying to go fast I struggled into the wind and the lack of fitness and power, crossed the line in 35.6. The intensity felt equivalent to a 30sec run... :-( I then walked 200m and took off again, this time starting with the opposite leg (which was better), but sadly everything else resembled the first rep, 36.2! Decision: no Shield Final for Stuart

Whilst I was disappointed, I wasn't surprised, but fuck (yes fuck) my achilles was very sore!!! Why, how, why, I have done f.all running, why is this still an issue. Ice and anti-inflams fixed the problem.

No comments: