Friday 8 February 2008

My first lap of the Tan for 2008

A slow lap but a lap! I met up with Clare this morning just after 6:30am, I warned Clare that I was unsure if I could run the entire lap, slightly worried about Anderson St and just slightly worried.

We started just down from Govt Dve, slowly and the first 5 minutes I was actually more aware of my right achilles than my hip flexor. To be honest I am not happy with the achilles, in the past month I have done f.all running and the achilles is still an issue...grrrr!

We passed the Pillars (1k) and the achilles was as much of an issue and I could feel the hip flexor, but nothing to worry about, just aware. At the Anderson St cnr we stopped for a quick drink of water and then continued on, happily the hill was fine at this pace (which was exactly what I wanted).

Overall the run was good, 24 minutes for a trip around the Tan, very comfortable with only a slight pulling sensation. Stretched for approx 10 minutes and then walked to work and iced the hip flexor for 10 minutes whilst reading emails before showering.
__________________________________

Physio at 5:30pm, he was very happy with the improvement and did lots of pushing & prodding. He said to me, "rightio Stu, you are an aths coach, tell me what you would set for an athlete with your injury for the next 14 days", he listened and then said excellent" and don't forget the exercises and the stretching everyday, that's your program", no more appointments. :)

No comments: