Thursday 7 February 2008

Gym cardio session

In the gym this morning at 7:15 for a 45 min session. Overall feel, tired from not enough sleep (my fault), a few tender spots in the rib & stomach region (good pain), hip flexor feels ok to good, the spot on my heel is still there (which isn't good considering the amount of time off from running) and overall I could feel the effects of some work over the past few days.

So I started on the x-trainer again (planned for the tready but none were available), fat burner program again but this time level 20 for 10 minutes. Either the effects of yesterday or just because it was 5 levels harder I was more aware that I was working, but the hip flexor is NOT affected at all on this machine so I worked through the mind. Then I jumped onto a bike and did 10 minutes and worked up a good sweat, again this felt good.

After 20 minutes of cardio I did 10 minutes of weights, upright rowing, light bench press, shoulder press and then some lunges with 10kg weights. Then a few minutes on the fitball and then some crunches (PCAs) that we did last night at pilates and very quickly I discovered some very worked muscles.... all good!

_______________________________________

At the track tonight, coaching only. I have organised with one of the throwing coaches to do some sessions with a few of the 9/10/11 year kids (Teagan, Bailey, Demi & Maddie) who are throwing discus at Regions and/or State multi's. It is really strange watching a bunch of little kids throw after Andrew (qualified for World Juniors in 2 events). Two of them have been doing one session a week for a month and their improvements are quite dramatic. Michelle did 4 very fast 200m runs and then some work with her team for State Relays (this weekend), Scott suffered (with NO complaints) the strong winds and did 6x800 in 85 sec laps with 1 min recovery and Clare did 12x200m. Not at the track, but Jo had to do her speed set in the pool tonight due to back & achilles issues, (1x600, 2x400, 2x300 & 4x200), so no distance but high intencity for the set times.

1 comment:

jojo said...

..i really dont like pool sessions :( but no way am i complaining..you might make me do 8a800m... eeek..thats a MEGA SET..