Thursday 29 November 2007

Thu 29 Nov 07, fartlek & track session

I started my day at the Tan about 6:20am, I jogged for nearly 2 minutes on the grass whilst waiting for Clare to arrive. Once with Clare I took her for a fartlek style session which was along the river doing timed efforts with breaks, 6x40 sec, 2x30 & 2x20 and then a normal c/down etc. A good session.


Tonight I am off to the Premier League meet at OP and taking 3 athletes to compete in the Shield Steeple which has been included, so I organised with a couple to meet me at 4:40 to start our w/up. 2km w/up and then 6x60m strides with Cam & Justin then into the session of 6x300m, for me in 53 sec with a 2 min recovery and they were doing 48-50sec. My splits were 53, 53, 53, 53, 55 & 56, yep the 53 was a tad too far into the 'bad style' of training. ;-) Finished off with a cool down which involved walking 300 and then 4 laps on the outside of the track.


Premier League was good fun, just worrying about others races and the two boys did really well and Michelle looked very tired, so a re-think about her racing (Little Aths & AV), placing more restrictions on her (for her own good). For me Pierre was the surprised packet, steepling very well and only finishing 12 sec behind Troy, he is more of a 4/8 runner. Scott (17th b.day on Wed) ran really well and in his first attempt at the high steeple running 6:55 for 2k.



The 2 U18 boys checking out the girls low steeple..

No comments: