Saturday 1 December 2007

AV Shield comp @ Newport

Wow another month has gone and what a SHIT month it was, not even 200kms and with no actual injuries! Oh well, I know why and things may improve and of course if I look down I can see that a gut is starting to show, SOOOOOOOO I better do something.. :-)

A normal Sat morning with Little Aths which I finished at 11:30 and had Subway with C & D. Went home to get my gear together, I actually would have liked to have a sleep but I knew I needed/wanted to run today. Yesterday's work Christmas function had taken its toll, not alcohol related but just tired, I only had 6-8 beers last night, but arriving home after being awake all night, I knew this would probably cause some probs... :-)


I raced the 800m and 3000m today, the 800m started ok, but then I realised I am still NO WHERE near where I would like to be, 71 & 78 = an ordinary high 2:28 or low 2:29. SHIT. According to a few watchers, it looks like I worked to hard at the 250m mark to try and get closer to the front pack (I was in no man's land), I ended up fairly average.

I ran the 3000m race with the expectations I could maintain 95 sec laps, but it didn't happen and I ran a slow 12:08. Not much to write up.

Probably the best part of the day was my warm ups & cool downs and being able tochat to friends! And second best was watching athletes who I coach, and most of them got it pretty right today!!!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

At least there was the pleasure of seeing your athletes do well. You gave it a shot - the 71 at least showed you were you are. You probably could have run a cruisy 73/74, but so what?

Everything is relative - I'd be ecstatic with 12:08 right now!