Monday 19 November 2007

Mon 19 Nov 07, S2F training group

Western Metro Regional Little Aths Relay Champs were yesterday, my role was as the U9 boys coach and on the day I was asked to look after the mixed U9 teams too, 10 teams all up and heats and finals, so lots of races. Overall I predicted 3 teams would make it through to States, happily 2 have made it, U9 boys medley (100, 100, 200 & 400) and a mixed 4x200, the other team finished 3rd and could progress on time, but I think not. A fun day and some nervous times for various reasons, but I think the 8 boys had a good time. For readers who are not aware of Little Aths, U9s is the first year of Championship racing, so it was all new! I gave the boys the night off, so I decided to take advantage and catch up with some old friends.


A quick email to Sal (for anyone who has run with S2F will know Sal), she would be there so I decided it would be a nice way to get a few kms in and catch up and say hi to a few faces. I jumped in with the 8k group, according to Garmins around me, 7.9km in 37:10. With a 1.5km jog and a 1k jog back to my car, it was a nice way to get 10k in for the day. Running in view of the Nylex Clock, showed 32 degrees tonight at 6:30pm.

No comments: