Tuesday 27 November 2007

Tue 27 Nov 07, football @ lunch & a few reps @ the track

At work very early (6:40ish) so I could get lots done today and fit in my game of soccer at lunch, which we won 2-1 with no reserves and it was very warm too. As per normal with soccer, all of the goals were in the first half and the second half was about us keeping our lead and them just going for anything. Five games for us, we have scored 3 goals and had only 3 goals scored against us with 2 wins. So a good work out and LOTS of sweat!!!


I arived at the track just after 5pm, the flies (anyone in parts of Melb would understand - [plague proportions), so bloody annoying, thousands and it was wamr & bloody windy, so a shit night at the VU track!

With many of the boys racing on Thu night at OP in steeplechase races we had them complete only 2x600m reps in the horrible wind and then they did some steeple work on the grass. A couple of us (3 - Cam, Zac & me) continued on, I only did 5 reps and Cma & Zac went on for 6 reps. The wind meant we slowed the reps down to 94-5 per 400, the first rep was WAY faster than that, bloody hell following juniors sometimes can be a chore! ;-)

Anyway, my reps were too fast on the first rep and then the next 3 were perfect 95 sec per 400 and then my final was a couple of seconds faster. Then for the first time I jumped the high steeple, every other time I had attempted the higher steeple I had baulked, so I was happy, the mind is a very powerful thing! Due to the bigger numbers within my Club, and hopefully two teams in the finals I will struggle to find a place, so the steeple could be my only way of being involved, so ... maybe in the new year, I'll wait and see.

A few laps of the track to cool down. A long day, work, health & friends, it doesn't always go to plan, a concerned day which I can't so anything about. :-(

3 comments:

jojo said...

ill look forward to seeing you in the steeple in the new year :)
hope everything is ok with the other stuff you mentioned ( )

Andrew(ajh) said...

Did you bend any like Beckham ?

Great picture on the blog header btw.

Ewen said...

A steeple PB coming up Stu!

Yes, you need to accelerate at the barriers and ease off ever so slightly between them. No socks and make sure the laces are firm :)