Tuesday 6 November 2007

Tue 06 Nov 07, track training, am & pm

I started the day accompanying Clare when she did her session in the morning, 1.2k w/up including drills etc, then some strides and then I did 2.4km or reps with Clare and then a short cool down. A nice start to the day which allows me to get a few extra kms in without too much stress, then some stretching afterwards. Achilles is doing ok, but then that might be because of the BIG anti-inflams. :-)



All dressed up after a long day, the jacket was off and I don't wear a tie often, so I thought a self camera shot was worthy..


PM session....

I got to the track just before 4pm with Michelle who I coach. I ran a couple of laps with Michelle and then watched her do some steeples for 10 minutes before getting her to stop, so she had some energy for her 15x200m.

As bloody normal, the wind was shocking this arvo! And everyone in the group were WAY faster than me, so I knew that 8x800 was going to be a solo effort, well...following others. Adrian, Luke & Adam and me!!!

After two 800s I changed my set to 400s, sitting in front of the group trying to protect them from the wind a bit and then peeling off around the 300m mark and running through for 400m.

Splits:
3:06 (74 sec recovery)
3:06 (75 sec)
81
82
82
83
84 (done!)

I was buggered and the wind was hard work, thankfully I wasn't the only one struggling, even Luke (who can run low 15's for 5k)! I finished off with a 3 lap c/down with Adrian and then I strolled around for a couple of laps with some of Burkie's younger girls.

No comments: