Saturday 3 November 2007

Sat 3 Nov 07, shit racing

A relaxing morning with C, D & K, as there was no Little Aths today I took the older 2 for haircuts, then we had coffee/hot choc and wondered around Rebel and a few other stores. Today was the 3 boys first visit to senior aths for this T&F season.
With support from friends I was able to warm up, cool down and race. C & D just ran around and played with a couple of boys similar age and come back when they want something. K being the youngest, 20 months, got fussed over a fair bit and played with a lot of the younger girls and a few of the months.

Today I wanted to run the 800 & 400 and was hoping for some improvement, but I knew that at the end of my 3 week block, my lack of fitness and other stuff that any changes would be small, well how WRONG was I.

800m, in the 6th heat, 2:20-30 group. Now I know how to run a 73/4 lap, then why did I run very low 69 for my first lap!!! FUCK! And I knew I was in trouble but I tried to just continue on and see what happens, well 2:33 happened! SHIT! Made sure I didn't dwell on it, I think I am starting to get some fitness, I know I mucked up the first lap and I am not fit enough to run 2 laps at that pace and I know with meds & some lack of work over the past few months I am a few kg heavier. So off for a cool down after checking on the 3 boys.

A couple of hours hanging around watching some of my squad race and muck around with the boys I ran a 400m, well lets just say that the race was SO BAD, that it was slower than my first lap of the 800... again FUCK

2 comments:

jojo said...

just one of those days :(

Ewen said...

It happens Stu.

Running your own schedule (73) in an 800 is not that easy. Unless you run in the 2:40 heat, where the leaders will run 73. In a 2:30 heat you probably need to be off the back of the group at 400. Still, the other way of looking at it is to get fitter so your second lap is 69 as well.