Wednesday 7 November 2007

Wed 07 Nov 07, a morning run

On the Tan just before 6am, running along the Tan, the Yarra and then up Anderson St until getting to Domain Rd and then running along a grass trail, back onto the Tan and then I jogged around the parks near Govt Dve waiting for my 6:30 running partner.

Once together we ran the reverse of what I had done earlier, but once on the river we ran upto Fed Square and then over Princes Bridge into the parks and then back onto the Tan. All up, 11.8km for the morning.


Today I attended the funeral of my friend Liz in Bentleigh, a nice service at the Anglican Church. A few of us came back to the city and visited PJ's in Southbank, a favorite for Liz as they have cider on tap, so a pint each and then a few VLS for me.


People are like stain-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross


Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours.
Ludwig Van Beethoven

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about your friend, condolences.

jojo said...

The poems are a nice tribute ()

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful poems. I recently lost my Dad and have to say they bought a few tears to my eyes.

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and send my condolences(())

Unknown said...

She was a cider drinker? She sounds like my kind of people! That quote from Kubler Ross is one of my favourites. (stu)