Sunday 18 November 2007

Sat 17 Nov 07, Little Aths & Seniors in the arvo

Warm, nice, warm to hot, raining & cooling down, humid, very humid and hot...yep... just another day in Melbourne!!! That's how the day of morning & afternoon athletics went for me!

Little Aths was good, the On Trackers had a good day and the kids I coach/mentor ran well and lots of other kids I chat to, had good ones too. Most of the morning the temp was 23-25 degrees, nice with minimal wind. 11ish some clouds came across and we had a few drops of rain, but nothing major.

I dropped C & D back with there mum, went home changed and picked up Scott who I coach, off to Coburg. My car said 22 degrees, and it rained off and on for the majority of the trip with the temp dropping to 18 on arrival, I wondered if I had enough clothes. Within 20 minutes no rain..cool no wind and nice temp, but we all know Melbourne can change, within 20 minutes humidity kicked in and then by 3pm it was 32 degrees!!! And the sun was hot and steamy!

I warmed up for 15 minutes, I ran an ordinary 800m (2:29), cool down of 12 minutes and then watched and coached. Not really running at the moment for reasons known to me, maybe the season can improve, but it will take a lot of work for it to get anywhere decent, I suspect I am way behind some of my training partners (girls) from a few years ago. But overall I'm happy where I am at to some degree, it could be worse and I'm enjoying the coaching so... I'm happy as I told my uncle on Saturday.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's a great demonstration that Melbourne weather can change!

The coaching/competing double is a hard one - esp trying to run well after LAs all morning.

Good luck Stu.