Sunday 4 November 2007

Sun 04 Nov 07, an arvo LR

No early run this morning as the boys stayed over and thankfully...it was pissing down at 8:30am here in the west and it would have been raining the entire run!


The boys left here 3:30ish after watching Transformers on DVD (excellent movie) and I had arranged a running partner for the arvo but that fell through as they had a smashing headache and were in bed sleeping trying to make it all go away... hmmm an arvo run, its cold and very overcast... minds games a playing, but thankfully whilst I was dialing my friend I was also taking my jeans off and starting to get ready. After getting off the phone I started to let the mind wander and was thinking maybe not, BUT thankfully I got the skins on and a T etc. But then once outside I discovered it was raining!!! Now I don't mind running in the rain, but I hate starting in the rain, shit...the mind games are starting again...so I stood in the rain and tied my shoes, right I'm wet, I may as well run!!!

The first 20 minutes was in constant rain and into a head or cross wind, yuk, another pet hate! I made my way to the Fed Trail and ran along there until hitting 40 minutes and then turned around and came back in 39:30, generally sitting near the 5 min pace, just over 16km.


An interesting web site, I have always felt that some ppl only see the bad parts of the internet: Snopes.com

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Good on you for getting out there. I'm planning to run this arvo, and it looks like it will be raining. After reading your blog I will feel guilty if I don't go!

Vicki said...

I back reading your blog for inspiration, that you get out there no matter what is great. Next week I'm planning to start my journey back into running after surgery on my foot - will have to take it slow (walk/run/walk). This will be my first venture into fawkner park since we moved buildings - wish me luck!